The New Year’s Most Innovative iOS and OSX Apps Take Center Stage at Macworld/iWorld 2013
Framingham, Mass.––January 7, 2012––IDG World Expo today announced new and expanded content and events that aim to decode app development, put the spotlight on the latest tools for the mobile lifestyle, and give attendees the power to try, learn and play with the newest iOS and OSX innovations, all at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. Appalooza, one of the most popular areas of the show floor, will feature developers showcasing hundreds of the latest creations for everything from productivity, gaming and IT to education, music making, photography, and much more, all built for iPads, iPhones and MacBooks. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Registration is now open.
“Apple technologies are a driving force in today’s mobile lifestyle, and nothing demonstrates the innovation, creativity and excitement of this lifestyle more than the proliferation of new iOS and OS X apps hitting the market each day,” said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld/iWorld. “Macworld/iWorld brings together developers big and small to showcase the latest and greatest apps that will change the way you work, live and play and learn. Nowhere else can you learn about a new app directly from the person who created it, or try out your favorites before you hit ‘buy’ on the App Store. This is where apps come to life.”
Highlights of app-related content at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Mobile Apps
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Appalooza companies will showcase the best new iOS and OSX apps, including:
- Art Authority—an app that stunningly displays paintings and sculptures by major western artists from ancient times through current-day. Art Authority is currently used by Seton Hill University in multiple art classes and is under evaluation by many other educational institutions.
- BeLight Software, Ltd.—a Mac software company that specializes in desktop publishing, home design and data protection apps.
- Byte Squared, Ltd.—a company that creates productivity apps, including business apps for editing business documents on the iPhone and iPad.
- Creaceed SPRI—a developer of creative and user-friendly photo and film apps for the Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Flint Mobile—a mobile payments company that is creating the easiest way for on-the-go businesses to accept credit cards and to find new customers through social marketing via an iPhone app that enables merchants to process credit card payments securely using only their phone.
- Get Cloak—a service for the Mac, iPhone and iPad that keeps users safe when connected to public wireless networks like those found at coffee shops, hotels, airports and conferences.
- iPresent—a company that develops a dynamic interactive iPad app for sales teams.
- MacPaw—a premier Mac development firm dedicated to designing and creating reasonably priced Mac software apps that are intuitive, easy-to-use and extremely useful to its worldwide customer base.
- Naturespace Holographics Audio—creator of the most sonically and spatially accurate recordings of the natural world available with two iPhone apps, “Naturespace: Relax Meditate Escape Sleep” and “Thundergod – The Naturespace Thunderstorm Collection.”
- Publications Intl. LTD—a worldwide publisher of books, including Children’s Cooking, Special Interest and Education, for the iPad.
- SugarSync—a one-stop shop for the best of the Cloud, syncing users’ files, music and moves wherever they go.
- xTuple—an app for the Mac, iPhone and iPad that enables users to manage and enrich customer and prospect relationships on-the-go.
App-Related Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical “how-to” presentations and “tips and tricks” learning opportunities with a host of sessions focused on apps and app development, including:
- “The Studio in Your Pocket,” a full-day workshop with Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James, iPhone filmmakers at Majek Pictures, will explore the latest video, photography and audio apps for both iPhone and iPad.
- “Appalooza: Mobile Applications for the Musician,” with Michael Carrera of Berklee College of Music, will highlight the coolest mobile music apps available to help attendees practice, perform and create music – anytime, anywhere on their iOS mobile device.
- “iPhoneography: AppAlchemy,” a Tech Talk with Dan Marcolina, photographer, iPhoneography event organizer, and author of the critically acclaimed book/iPad series “iPhone Obsessed,” will show attendees how the combination of picture choice and multiple-app processing can turn a simple snapshot into a statement.
- “iOS Development for Beginners,” a full-day session with Matthew Purcell of Canberra Grammar School and his Year 10 iPhone and iPad Application Development class, will provide attendees a workshop on iOS app development.
- “The iPad Mobile Office – You Can Take It All with You,” an interactive session with Phil Goodman of Goodman Consulting and Benjamin Levy of Solutions Consulting, designed to teach attendees how to harness the power of iOS and facilitate daily business tasks. The session will highlight the most empowering iOS apps in the App Store that will fundamentally change one’s work life.
- “Name That App,” an app-guessing game with John Soward of Dataseam and John Turner of Assistronics, will allow contestants, picked from the audience, to guess an app based on seeing a partial icon.
- “iOS Productivity Tools,” with Allison Sheridan of Nosillacast Mac Podcast, will introduce attendees to various iOS productivity apps designed to make lives easier, including note-taking apps, word processors and spreadsheets, the best reminder apps, and more.
- “Xcode for IT Admins: Exploring iOS and Cocoa,” a full-day workshop with John Soward of Datastream, John Turner of Assistronics, and John Sterling of Volar Video, will teach attendees the basics of app development using Xcode. Participating attendees will get a chance to build an app and work through some of the tools in the Apple developer’s tool chest.
- “iPhoneography: from Shooting to Storytelling,” with Emmy award-winning photographer Richard Koci Hernandez, will teach attendees how to combine the basic principles of good photography, a variety of different iPhone camera apps, and various stealth techniques to capture unique unguarded moments.
Appalooza Social Media Contest
From January 10-19, iFans around the world will have a chance to vote on which 2013 Appalooza exhibitor they are most excited to check out this year and have a voice in crowning the “iFan’s Favorite App.” Starting January 10, iFans can see all the Appalooza exhibitors competing for this coveted title and vote for which one deserves to win at www.facebook.com/macworldiworld. There is no limit to the number of apps fans can vote for and true app fanatics can place a vote once per day for all 10 days.
As a special added bonus, iFans who cast their vote will be entered to win an iPad mini with an iTunes gift card to download all their favorite new apps.
Be an Appalooza Exhibitor
If you are considering showing off your app as an Appalooza exhibitor at Macworld/iWorld 2013, don’t wait to sign up! Sign up by January 8 to be included in the “iFan Favorite” app contest, reaching our fan base of more than 9,000 Apple-product fanatics.
We will also be featuring one app per day for the duration of the voting (10 days). If you’d like to be considered for a spot as an App-of-the-Day during the contest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you think your app should be featured.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world’s Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo’s portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research and event company.
Schwartz MSL for IDG World Expo