R2 | Retail Reinvention 2015 To Debut In Chicago August 3 – 5, 2015
PYMNTS.com and IDG Partner to Create Innovative Program Format Offering “First Look” at The Issues That Will Define The 2016 Retail, Commerce, and Payments Agenda
BOSTON, MA (April 7, 2015) — PYMNTS.com and IDG World Expo today announced the launch of R2 | Retail Reinvention 2015 (r2summit.com) on August 3-5, at Chicago’s McCormick Place. The 2-day program is the first to connect leading retailers, merchants, financial institutions, innovators, investors, analysts and disruptors across the entire retail, payments and commerce ecosystem. The goal is to provide a content rich experience that will allow these stakeholders to build the partnerships necessary to navigate the current wave of tech disruption and chart the future of retail technology.
“R2 is designed with the retailer’s interest top of mind,” remarked R2 Co-Founder and PYMNTS.com CEO, Karen Webster. “Our format will be unique in every way – from the topics we’ve built our program around, the thought leaders who will share their points of view with the delegates and the environment in which solution providers interact with those who join us. R2 is really about giving retailers a sense of “what’s next” by doing our homework on the strategic issues that will drive their agenda in 2016 and then giving them access to the insights, solutions and new innovations that will help them achieve their goals.”
“For anyone waiting for a mobile retail, payments and commerce marketplace to emerge, the wait is over — it’s here,” said Mary Dolaher, Chief Executive Officer of IDG World Expo. “R2 is the first event designed to truly help merchants and their entire commerce value chain to form the partnerships they need to cut through the disruption and monetize current opportunities”.
R2 will drive critical discussions on:
• The key trends shaping the reinvention of retail and driving strategy and investments in the next one to three years
• The role of payments in enabling commerce
• The role of technology in reinventing the retail experience –from both the front of store and back of store
• The latest innovations to acquire and engage consumers
• How to deliver an omni-retail experience – and how to prioritize key initiatives that need to work in concert for enabling omni-channel retail
• Consumer spending trends and pattern shifts like – who’s shopping and spending, when, where, and why
• The relationship between security, data access and privacy
• The influence of social on shopping and spending
• Where to make technology investments now, and where to take a “wait and see” approach
• How to evaluate solutions providers based on key trends and priorities
• Benchmarking current retail trends in mobile commerce, loyalty, and payments vs. competitors
• How to secure customer data, transactions, and payments
• Evaluating and leveraging emerging payments/commerce technologies and innovators
Other Event Highlights include:
• Exclusive Access to never-before-seen industry research published for the first time at R2
• The R2 Innovation Competition
• Case Studies from leading retailers and merchants
• Content Showcases with the most innovative new projects followed by discussions with
creative and business teams.
• An experiential “living” expo floor showcasing the future of retail
For information on limited sponsorship opportunities, please contact John Sellazzo at IDG World Expo.
PYMNTS.com is reinventing the way in which companies in payments share relevant
information about the initiatives that shape the future of commerce and make news. This
powerful B2B platform is the #1 site for the payments industry by traffic and the premier source
of information about “what’s next” in payments. C-suite and VP level executives turn to it daily
for these insights, making the PYMNTS.com audience the most valuable in the industry. It
provides an interactive platform for companies to demonstrate thought leadership, popularize
products and, most importantly, capture the mindshare of global decision-makers. It’s where the
best minds and best content meet on the web.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and
events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business
relationships, and access to industry-leading products, people, and services. IDG World Expo’s
portfolio of conferences and events includes the MacIT® Conference, Electronic Entertainment
Expo® (E3®), Digital Entertainment World (DEW), the Game Marketing Summit® (GMS),
Anime Expo®, BlogHer, BlogHer Food, Techmanity, and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research and event company.